Blub. blub, glug. Mingus pours the Unsweetened chocolate soymilk, himself.
“What are those?” Despite all the times I’ve given him Chia pudding, he doesn’t recognize raw Chia seeds
Fffft. They slide into the jar.
ZZtt, Zzzt, Zttt. The cap goes on.
A moment of wild shaking… and the precious concoction is revealed.
His appetite won’t wait. Slurp, Slurp.
In the time it takes Mingus to drink down half of the jar, the pudding begins to congeal.
He chirps, “It was like chocolate milk, but now it has the same texture as ketchup!”
Hearing “ketchup”, Beluga comes running to claim his share. I stand aside and make another set of puddings to put in the fridge for tomorrow.
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Chocolate Soymilk
- 3 Tbs Chia Seeds
- Exact measurements aren’t necessary. Just pour the unsweetened chocolate soymilk into a jar.
- Add a little pile of chia seeds, any color will do.
- Then screw the cap of the jar on tight and give it a very big shake.
- Store the jar in the refrigerator overnight. The following morning, afternoon or evening, take it out and eat it right out of the jar.